Old 02-06-2020, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where are all the ladybirds?

On 02/06/20 20:57, Vir Campestris wrote:
We've got lots of greenfly on our roses. Far more than usual.

Then it occurred to me - I've seen no ladybirds, no hoverflies, and very
few lacewings.

Is everyone else seeing this?

(I've had to use soapy water on the greenfly. I don't normally have to
bother.)

I also have loads of greenfly on the roses. I've seen a couple of
ladybirds, but not near the roses. Can't say I've seen any hoverflies or
lacewings, but I haven't been looking for them either.

I washed all the greenfly off with a jet or water from the hose a couple
of days ago, but lots are back. Quite a few blackfly around as well on a
Pittosprum tobira.

--

Jeff