Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bought compost grumble - HomeBase vs Humax

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

I have posted here before to say Microwave the soil.

And I have done it in the past.

If you seive your soil/compost then fill a 2 litre casserole dish with
it, put the lid on and microwave it for about 8 to do mins, making sure
the soil goes in damp.
I bought a cheap microwave that |I could use in an out building as not
everyone likes the smell off cooking soil.
It's supprising how much you can do in an hour.

Perhaps 10 litres. Unfortunately, a seed tray is 4 litres.

However, the real issue is as I said. Space. Microwaves are not small,
and I would also have to store the other ingredients. While I have
most of them, I am trying to reduce clutter!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.