Old 09-06-2020, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Transplanting courgettes (when grown on a bit)

In article ,
David wrote:

Not sure we are talking about the same size at transplanting.

I would normally expect to plant on when both seed leaves are large, and
the true leaves are starting to grow.

Much the size that you buy from garden centres.
3" pot or smaller.

That's a bit earlier than I pot them on from 3" pots to (say) 5".

I was transplanting when there were the first fruits medium grown, several
large true leaves and from a pot around 10" diameter but fairly shallow,
with the root ball filling the pot.

I did that a lot, because the constraint on planting out was on clearing
and preparing the ground. This year, I planted after they had reached
the bottom of 5" pots.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.