Old 10-06-2020, 01:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default Mail Order Seed suppliers?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 00:58:21 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 09/06/2020 22:24, alan_m wrote:
On 08/06/2020 22:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

I did buy a few Ebay Chinese seed batches, but was a little
dissapointed. Having said that, I couldn't plant them the year they
were supplied, so maybe that was the problem.

I'm now sure that seeds coming from China are the most common of the
weeds they can harvest

Much like the pictures of multi-colour rose flower heads that requires a
few cans of spray paint to get the final result.

I've had some good stuff from Chinese seeds, have a few packets here now
to sow.

Many thanks to all who replied.

I am still in lockdown and am planning next years escapade a little
more systematically than the fish a packet or two from the old Ebay
collection approach.

I saw the ads for the harlequin flavoured rose, they didn't look like
anything that could evolve in any kind of natural environment.

I have two containers of rocket that I have been supplementing the odd
meal with for the last couple of weeks. Chinese, and I assumed that
despite the leaf appearance being nothing like rocket. The sheer
quantity and the fact that the compost was fresh, gave me confidence
that it was what it said on the seed pack.

I found some small plants that actually have rocket like leaves under
the masses of green foliage.

I am wondering what I have actually been dining on this last two weeks
:-(

As I said with the ones that were reluctant to germinate, the seeds
might have just been too old, but I have no experience of gardening
and I appreciate any guidance.

My slugs have an insatiable appetite and tend towards an a la carte
type diet :-(

They seem to have left my "rocket" alone incidentally.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq