Old 11-06-2020, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Rain/Grey Water System

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:56:32 +0100, Roy Omond wrote:

On 10/06/2020 09:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/06/20 08:55, Bill Davy wrote:

PS What news reader do people recommend for Windows 10 on a laptop?Â*
Does not need to do email.Â* WLM is barely usable.

I've used Thunderbird for years. First on Windows 7, now on Linux Mint.
It does the job for me. Looking at people's posting headers, it seems
many use it under Windows 10.

Though I don't do Windows systems (except for 1 solitary system at
work), I would second Jeff's recommendation for Thunderbird. Been using
it for *many* years.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/download/

I am using Pan (windows and Linux) because it gives a similar presentation
to WLM.

I can't seem to get Thunderbird news reader to show three panes, one for
NGs, one for threads within the NG, and a third window for the text of the
post.

I can't seem to get it to display a message window for email when I open
the email which allows me to click on next/previous message either.
Probably not just hit on the magic formula.

Noting that for email I don't use the message pane because that
automatically opens the message and I like to be able to check for nasties
before opening anything.

Anyway, Pan seems to work.

Cheers

Dave R