Old 11-06-2020, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Skyman Skyman is offline

Default Rain/Grey Water System

Jeff Layman wrote:

How do you clean an underground rain/grey water tank if their is a problem?

I had wondered about using IBC containers as they seemed to provide
greater storage than traditional water buts, for a given cost. However
without any large opening I could see no way to clean them out when
necessary - other than by using a large amount of water - which rather
defeated the object!

One issue with underground storage (apart from digging out the hole and
disposing of the spoil) is that if you have a high water table, they may
float out of the ground as they empty...

James