Old 12-06-2020, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain/Grey Water System

On 12/06/20 11:34, Chris Hogg wrote:
On 12 Jun 2020 10:15:49 GMT, David wrote:

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:34:58 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

I can't seem to get Thunderbird news reader to show three panes, one
for NGs, one for threads within the NG, and a third window for the text
of the post.

I have the three panes showing. In View | Layout I have the following
checked:
Classic View Folder Pane Message Pane

What is checked in your TB?

snip

Classic view and Folder pane.
As I said, I don't have Message Pane enabled because that opens the
message before I have checked it.

Don't have NG configured on this PC, will check on the one I tried
Thunderbird News Reader on.

Cheers

Dave R

Does malware actually occur within a news message itself? I thought
only attachments could contain malware, which, if true, means you're
being over-cautious.

There was an issue with Outlook ages ago, but that was fixed. With plain
text emails there is no problem. There is a discussion of the whole
issue he
https://askleo.com/can-really-get-malware-just-looking-email/

--

Jeff