Old 14-06-2020, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Dobbies

Chris Green wrote:

Broadback wrote:
i ordered geranium plants from them, some time ago. A delay in sending
due to slow growth. Acceptable. However they were due to arrive on
Friday, not sign of them, when I contacted them no reply from them. They
blame the lockdown for slow responses. Why? Other companies are managing
fine. I will not order from them again, that is for sure!

Yes, most of my 'favourite' online/mail-order companies seem to be
coping pretty well with the lockdown - e.g. screwfix, toolstation, CPC
and most eBay suppliers.

However gardening businesses seem to have a problem, we waited *ages*
for an order from Littlefields Farm to arrive and I can't really see
why they can't at least answer the phone or respond to e-mails.

I've had very slow service from Marshalls, and there has been
poor correlation between dispatch advice (where there has been
one) and package arrival. Some of the plants have been pretty
weedy, one was lost from the package in transit, one had its only
viable shoot killed by being trapped in the plastic pack. One
parcel spent the hot Bank Holiday weekend in the post, so was
pretty withered by the time it arrived.

I have sent several emails of complaint, but so far have heard
nothing more than auto-responses.

Not a firm I will be using again.

Chris
--