Old 25-06-2020, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] cehettich@gmail.com is offline

Default How to stop English IVY from spreading?

On Friday, March 22, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, MUR wrote:
It's interesting that this post should appear, as I am trying to
do the opposite. I have a white fence that I am hoping to never paint again,
as it will (I'll keep my fingers crossed) be covered with English Ivy.
I have heard that there is a particular type of string that one should use
to tie ivy to vertical surfaces. The string supposedly biodegrades after
one season. Can anyone make a specific recommendation?

Don't do it! Unless you are in its native land. We are battling our neighbor's ivy as well. There are so many other options for your fence!