Old 26-06-2020, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default bug eaten Napa Cabbage

On 2020-06-26 05:55, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 2:05:31 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

They had cute little Napa Cabbage on sale at Wally
World. I impulse bought some. They don't look so
cute now:

https://ibb.co/n1zNTC4

And something has been eating holes it them with
reckless abandon. I have check i the daylight and
at night, but I can't find teh culprit.

-T

We made 25 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday morning. We had to check the outer layers of cabbage head leaves as there were frequently slugs under them; I think the slugs are the major cabbage predators in our area. Fortunately, our sheep enjoy getting the discarded leaves.

My wife sprays the cabbages if the damage becomes excessive.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Would you consider mine "Excessive"?

-T