Old 09-07-2020, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Gary is offline

Default Question about regular peas

This might be stupid and sound like a troll but it's not
and a serious question.

Many times in the past, we picked peas from a local farm.
Would come home and "shell" them for the peas inside.
The pods looked pretty nice and a shame to toss out which
we did.

My question is: are those pods edible too?
Talking about "regular" peas here.
If so, couldn't you just slice them like green beans
and eat pod with peas inside?
Just like you do with snow peas.

Maybe not as I've never seen them sold commercially, canned
or frozen, still in the pods.

Are those pods food or fertilizer for the next year?