Old 14-07-2020, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Boric acid and organic gardening question

T wrote:
Hi All,

The target is earwings. And maybe add some
soy sauce (they love fermented stuff) to increase
the lure.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2IEINP3FJUD1V

Will this mess up my organic garden with chemicals?

boron/boric acide is a trace plant nutrient, but
should not be used in large amounts as then it becomes
a poison to plants.

instead of using poisons why not figure out the
life cycle of the insect and spend the time on
disrupting the life cycle at various times which
may reduce the population to where the damage isn't
so great?

i find it interesting though that in your arid
climate you have an earwig problem while here in
mid-Michigan where things are normally at least
somewhat wet we don't see a ton of these bugs in
the gardens. perhaps because we have a lot of
birds around... hmm...

this site seems to have a lot of useful information:

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Earwigs

songbird