Old 29-07-2020, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Goji berry

Today I ot a Goji berry plant from the Range. I had one for several
years that I grew from a cutting I got from a back yard in Barry Dock
when I worked down there. It was behind a shop and the bush was about 12
ft across , Took me a year to find out what it was. That was before
computers and Google.
No such things as super fruits in those days. I eventually found it as
"Duke of Argyll's tea tree" also known has Common names in English
include Chinese wolfberry, Chinese boxthorn, Himalayan goji, Tibetan
goji, mede berry, barbary matrimony vine, red medlar[ or matrimony
vine. In the United Kingdom it is also known as Duke of Argyll's tea
plant, after Archibald Campbell, 3rd Duke of Argyll who introduced it
in the country in the 1730s. The plant is called Murali in India, and
dretsherma (*དྲི་ཚིར་མ།, "ghost thorn") in Tibetan.
I wonder what other uses there are for it other than the berry