Old 02-08-2020, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
april april is offline

Default Apple Tree Variety?

I have an old apple tree - at least 40 years old.

It appears to be a cooking ( sour) apple. Is there any way of finding out what variety it might be? Its a very large tree and is full of fruit most years, but this year it has given a bigger display than ever.

It fruits around mid August. It looks similar to a Bramley but the fruit are not as big . The peel is green/ red. Pink blossom (doesnt really look any different to any other apple tree).

I live in Cornwall. Would there have been a particular variety here?

Thanks.