Old 20-08-2020, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Too Many Melons

On 2020-08-20 07:19, Pavel314 wrote:
I planted a couple varieties of cantaloupe this year and they're all ripening at the same time. I think that next year, I'll plant a couple of hills in early May, like I did this year, then plant a couple more in mid- or late-May to spread out the harvest. The melons are very good but it's getting difficult to keep up with them. Fortunately, the sheep enjoy the excess.

Paul

My best cantaloupe was one one melon and it was the
size of a baseball.

What variety did you grow?

What kind of fertilizer did you use?