Old 20-08-2020, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Too Many Melons

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 1:11:44 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
I planted a couple varieties of cantaloupe this year and they're all ripening at the same time. I think that next year, I'll plant a couple of hills in early May, like I did this year, then plant a couple more in mid- or late-May to spread out the harvest. The melons are very good but it's getting difficult to keep up with them. Fortunately, the sheep enjoy the excess.

i'm worried about that problem happening here too.

i'd say that is a good problem to have if you can
find people who want them.

i've also thought if it would be possible to juice
them...

songbird

I searched online and found a lot of recipes for cantaloupe pies, salads, jams, etc. My wife isn't interested in any of those. I may try making a batch of cantaloupe wine.

Paul