Old 16-09-2020, 11:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
micky micky is offline

Default Gas Powered Push Mower ISSUE

In alt.home.lawn.garden, on Tue, 3 Sep 2019 08:35:01 -0400, Frank
"frank wrote:

On 9/3/2019 7:16 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 11:28:56 -0400, songbird wrote:

Does anyone know of a better method?

don't mow when the grass is wet.

Hi Songbird,

I forgot to mention in my post, I do NOT mow when the grass
is wet.

John

I found, sometimes in the AM, when grass was just dewy, that it would
stick to the mower.

I don't mow when it's dewy either.

These days, with my 1/20th of an acre (counting the house? I can't
recall) I just don't look under the mower**. It's electric now fwiw.
**I've solved several of my problems by not looking.

But in high school with a lot 100' by 300' it was also easy to look
underneath because there was a car right there in the garage I could put
the mower handle under. And at least once a year, I'd scrape off big
chunks something like old dry 1/4" plywood, or thicker. I didn't mow
when it was dewy then either. Maybe the Indiana grass had water inside
it.