Old 17-09-2020, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bosch HP2200 shredder blade sharpening?

On 16/09/2020 18:37, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 15/09/2020 22:09, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 15/09/2020 20:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 18:55:06 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 15/09/2020 14:37, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:34:57 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 15/09/2020 08:35, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone got any experience? they resemble a large cog with multiple
cutting edges so no flat blade you can just run a grinder over!

No idea! When you find out I'd be interested. I've got a Screwfix
cheapy
version (Titan) which I've used for a couple of years and is very
good.
I note from the manual of the HP2200 that they don't offer a new
"cog"
as a replacement - just the pressure plate - and there doesn't
seem to
be a cog available at the Bosch spares website.

Still, at least the Bosch manual tells you how to dismantle the
shredder
to get at the cog. I don't even have that info for the Titan!

There's this, pressure plate and cutter blade together, third item
down, probably costing as much as you paid for the shredder in the
first place!

Did you mean to include a link?

Oops - sorry - https://tinyurl.com/y62j5rxd

Found it on the Bosch spares support site too - £120.67 including VAT.

I don't actually have a Bosch, but I wonder if that part would fit
the Titan when mine wears out. I'm not, however, willing to risk 120
quid to find out! Not that I need to, as the Titan has been fine,
handling 35 - 40mm branches without problem. It looks like the Mac
Allister replacement is nowhere near as reliable.

why not simply buy a new unit?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allis...220-240v/727fg

£129.99 ....

Because the Bosch 2200 if magic I actually have 2!! and a spare blade. I
just wondered if there was a special way of doing it. I had a go
yesterday and ran a grind wheel lightly across the rear of each blade
and its come up a treat(cut my fingers getting back in!) readjusted the
plate and all is back to normal

I suspected that something like that would be possible. An angle grinder
on my ride on blades works wonders..

--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
“We did this ourselves.”

― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching