Old 19-09-2020, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default first frost

last night. it took me by surprise because yesterday
was busy and i didn't check the forecast. even if i had i
may not have done anything different because it has been so
far off this year anyways.

the creeping thyme had some white on it this morning and
the two birdbaths had ice on them so it certainly got below
freezing last night.

we'll see today what beans i can rescue for eating and
how other things fared. if i have to do some picking,
shelling and cooking today that's ok.

we got the squash picked and put in the garage a few
days ago so it could dry/cure.

time to start thinking about where i'll plant the garlic
for next summer's harvest and if i want any green garlic
for earlier.

songbird