Old 20-09-2020, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default first frost

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 09:27:36 -0400, songbird
wrote:

last night. it took me by surprise because yesterday
was busy and i didn't check the forecast. even if i had i
may not have done anything different because it has been so
far off this year anyways.

We got a very light frost the same night; some bush beans near the
ground got singed, but a tuberous begonia in the front of the house
did not. Even some basil survived, and as you know even the forecast
of frost will kill basil.
I've covered the tomatos I planted rather late to hopefully protect
them until warmer weather next week....the "Golden Jubilee" plants
have a lot of full-sized green tomatos, and they're SWMBO's favorite.

.....and Orion is visible out an east window if nature gets me up in
the wee hours.

--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC Public keys at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
fingerprint = E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA 1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68