Old 03-10-2020, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default a few squash pics

Frank wrote:
On 9/28/2020 4:23 AM, T wrote:
Gorgeous!

I liked them too.

thanks!

i managed to get a bucket of the small squash gone
through yesterday, cleaned and baked.

some of them weren't even done yet and i discarded
them after previous years experiments in baking or
cooking with them i decided i just didn't like them
enough and the worms will appreciate them more when
i bury them in the gardens later today instead.

the buttercup variety we tried this year i will
give one more try next year. the taste and texture
are a lot more like an acorn squash than the buttercup
i was hoping for.

the kabocha and pumpkin variegated cross seems to
be doing well enough so we'll keep growing that.

i haven't cooked up any of the hubbards yet, i hope
they store and age well as i'm not sure when i'll get
back to them to cook one up.

songbird