View Single Post
  #17   Report Post  
Old 17-10-2020, 05:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Oct 2020
Default Crimson Bottlebrush and allergies?

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 11:25:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I had a bad reaction to the red flower. A piece was in the hammock chair which I sat in for a long while. I later had burning in the shower, 4 little red marks and pain. I thought it was a bug bite and tried to squeeze the stinger. By the next morning it was oozing, red and had a red ring around it. Size of a quarter. Plus blisters started forming around it. After a week I was put on antibiotics but no help then prescription creams & cortisone. After a month its is going away. Very painful and hard to get rid of. Who knew? Thanks for this or I would still be wondering what happened.

Me too! I couldn't understand why I was getting this rash on my arms on occasion. Last week I thinned out my overgrown bottle brush trees again and within 36 hours started with the itch. Now on day 7 it drives me crazy. I have used Cortisone 10 and CBD cream not at same time. The CBD has a terpene product in it and provides a cooling relief feeling for a while. Neither lasts more than 4 hours. Next will try Benadryl ointment.
Now that I know...wear long sleeves and wash up immediately after touching.