Old 17-10-2020, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Worrizit clematoides

On 11/10/2020 23:19, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Apart from the lack of a saucer it seems to fit with Cobaea scandens.
The web is reluctant to disgorge images of species other than Cobaea
scandens and Penstemon cobaea, but Cobaea pringlei has a non-spreading
calyx. Your plant looks somewhat intermediate between Cobaea scandens
and Cobaea pringlei.

Thanks very much - I thought of the former, but there's no saucer
and the flower is the wrong shape. The latter rings a bell, so
that's probably what it is.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I think you may have had it off me some years back Nick, gets big!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/892196...posted-public/

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall