Old 29-11-2020, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nyssa[_3_] Nyssa[_3_] is offline

Default bulk bean pics

songbird wrote:

T wrote:
It is a pretty picture, but your show more
energy of things to comes than his does.

It is like me holding a zucchini from the garden
in my hand a feeling the slicing, the olive oil,
the pan, the joy of sharing with a loved one.

His had some of that too, but when you kick it, you
bring out the soul. Don't discount yourself.
Just keep on what you are doing.

well, thank you, those are nice words, but i
still have a lot to learn and have certain goals
still to reach.

here is the bean pic from last year that i liked
but it still has problems with lighting.

https://www.anthive.com/img/photogra...818-0400_185_G
etting_There_thm.jpg

i think i posted that one before.

i need consistent lighting and color, white balance
and such. that is aside from the artistic or visual
aspects which i can do in different pictures apart
from capturing the collection and interesting beans
that show up.

i hope by the middle of winter i can get the whole
setup working so i can make actual progress instead of
thrashing around.

i have a few things i need to buy first and then
work with those. after things calm down a bit from
the Black Friday stuff and i can get back to work it
should improve.

songbird

I've had similar problems doing food photography. Lighting,
presentation, and color correction among the problems
I'm seeing.

I've snagged a few books on food photography and hope
to find time over the winter to actually read some of
them and do some practicing with my complicated DSLR
that seems smarter than me.

Perhaps some of the hints and techniques in the food
photography books might point you in the right direction
to figure out how better to photograph your beans and
other garden-y things?

Nyssa, who never quite got the hang of her old Nikon
film SLR now has even more problems figuring out her
newer Nikon DSLR