Old 02-12-2020, 02:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default bulk bean pics

Pavel314 wrote:
Another thing to consider is the total composition of the picture, after such things as light and color as mentioned above. I've learned over the years to take several pictures of something then keep the best. While focusing on the pumpkin, I'd sometimes overlook the fact that my shadow was in the picture, distracting from the subject. Or some shots might use the light better than others to get a better image of the subject.

Or a wide shot might include something you don't want to include, like a garbage can or a pile of discarded landscape fabric. On the other hand, sometimes you get a lucky accident, like the time I took a picture of our newly-constructed greenhouse just as our black cat was walking past the doorway.

yes, sure.

with the images i'll mostly be after when taking pictures
of the beans, the most important aspects are color and
lighting consistency. to me those are unlikely to be very
artistic pictures in terms of the wider composition because
i want the beans themselves to be captured accurately and
to have a record of them for future reference. i have
about 400 pictures of this sort i need to do.

once i have that figured out i can think of other
arrangements and composition.

songbird