Old 06-12-2020, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default bulk bean pics

T wrote:
Hi Songbird,

A lady I work for is an extraordinary photographer.
She told me a real close up captures the spirit a lot
better than a far away shot with a zoom lens.

for some subjects that is true.

a number of pictures i take the entire context is
a large part of why i'm taking the picture to begin
with so knowing the goals of the photographer for
the picture can help you decide if they've accomplished
them or not.

She also told me to not put the main object in the
center, but to divide the canvas into three sections
and place the main object along one of the third line.

yes, that is a commonly used technique. note that
there is a big difference in the kinds of pictures i
take. some are merely record keeping, what got done
where or where i've planted something or similar. then
there are other pictures where i'm more concerned
about composition.

Here are some examples of one my better shots she coaches
me through:

https://ibb.co/VVVhF4V
https://ibb.co/0MQsCV3
https://ibb.co/WsjvtKN
https://ibb.co/kcDgZq9

And now for a bad example. It shows the difference
between getting right up on your subject and zooming
on your subject. Make pretty flowers look like a weed.
And it is the same plant as three of the above.

https://ibb.co/J5BdN7J

And it really, really helps if the sun cooperates!

:-)

yeah, i missed out on some wonderful sunset pictures
a few weeks ago.

songbird