Old 31-12-2020, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default How to inspire confidence!

"Muggles" wrote in message ...
On 12/27/2020 10:30 PM, Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"Muggles" wrote in message
On 12/10/2020 10:50 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I had a start when I saw this!

https://www.groworganic.com/collecti...ost-1-cubic-ft
"Note: While screened through a 1/4 inch mesh, this
green waste compost may still contain small amounts
of non-organic foreign objects (glass, metal,
plastic, wood, etc). Accordingly, always use gloves
when handling it. Furthermore, check its internal
temperature before amending with it to ensure that
it has cooled down enough for your purpose.

Use gloves! glass, metal, plastic, wood, etc!

Someone should have told them that beer bottles and
beer cans and left over cars parts DO NOT GO INTO THE
COMPOSTER!

Yikes!

-T

I've been composting for years.

When you are the one composting you know exactly what's in the mix. I
hadn't followed the link but assumed a commercial blend. Having followed
the link it claims to be organic so, again just guessing, I think they
are
covering themselves should something random appear in your garden.

Mike

We just put all the garden waste into the compost, and occasionally will
add some of the kitchen waste that is good to compost, too.

Same here and I am forever amazed at the amount we put in the bin compared
with the amount that comes out. I like to think of it as my secret
concentrator.

Mike