Old 17-01-2021, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default garlic wild

paul wrote:
got lots of wild garlic

yellow flowers taste like spicy brocoli

seeds are about a mm long and green

hmm, do you know the specific species? there are
a lot of alliums and even if someone finds some in
the wild they sometimes can come from escaped
domesticated varieties.

can the green seeds be used to make yellow garlic paste?

i don't see anything obvious saying that they are toxic
but i've never done anything like that. if it tastes good
and you don't react poorly to eating it go ahead, but as
always i think it a good idea to go light at first and see
if your body does react to a new food item.

my experience with onion seeds is that they have a hard
husk on the seed so i've not gone beyond that and instead
if i have extra i just bury them deeply so that the worms
can eat them eventually.

i planted some extras this past fall to see if they
would survive the winter or not if left out there, we'll
see what spring brings.

let us know what happens, if it is good, etc.

songbird