Old 30-01-2021, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Snowdrops out a little

On 30/01/2021 20:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 17:07:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Also anemones? the yellow things. or celandines. Whatever!

Hows spring going for you guys?

Loads of snowdrops in flower here. I have two patches of them. If we
get a decent spell of weather in the next few days I plan to lift a
few and plant them elsewhere. Got to move them in the green. But no
daffs yet, not even close.

My first daffs were in flower at the start of Dec and by Xmas I had
around 15 or so daffs in full flower, despite being flattened by the
snow the other day they are standing up again and still in flower.
I now have a dozen crocus in flower, but want sunshine to open up fully.
One Camelia has been in flower since dec, it's not a winter flowering
variety. My winter flowering one is still in tight bud.
One pot of snowdrops was in flower at the start of dec but the varieties
in the ground wont flower till April if they are like they usually are.
Had some winter flowering Jasmine in flower for Xmas.
That's South Wales for you.