Old 06-02-2021, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan Ward Jonathan Ward is offline

Default Viburnum tinus pruning

On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 2:29:51 PM UTC, Jim S wrote:
Does Viburnum Tinus flower on new shoots, two year old or older?
I am a bit gung-ho when it comes to pruning and my viburnum is just now
flowering on outside stems. I have had to prune quite hard in the past
as it was getting out of hand and in doing so lost that year's flowers.
I guess that if I dead-head, I will lose the black berries.
Most web guides are too vague.
I can prune hydrangea and rose without losing flowers and fuchsias will
flower whatever you do, but the viburnum has got me beat.

--
Jim S

We had a hedge of it in our previouse garden, so it got shaped every autumn and still flowered, so I guess you're OK.

Jonathan