Old 10-02-2021, 01:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Weatherproof electrical enclosure

On 10/02/2021 13:34, Chris J Dixon wrote:
On an external wall I have a pair of weatherproof sockets, and
from one of them I run a plug lead feed to a box housing a timer
and the transformer for my water feature pump, which is off
during winter.

I also use the timer to feed some of my Christmas lights.

The plastic catches for the existing enclosure have now sheared
off, after about 15 years' service. That particular design does
not seem to be around any more.

I would like tool-free access, seals for cable entry,
wall-mounting, facility to terminate a flexible conduit for the
LV pump outgoing feed.

Searches seem to offer two basic variants, both of which I have
already used for Christmas lights.

The Masterplug WBX is nicely made, but I don't think it is big
enough to accommodate the transformer.

https://www.masterplug.com/uk/outdoor/accessories

DriBox 330 is plenty big enough, but not really suitable for
wall-mounting, and not intended for permanent installation.

http://dri-box.com/

Any other suggestions?

Chris

If the current box is still sound it's not difficult to find over-centre
catches to DIY a repair.