Old 13-02-2021, 11:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Weatherproof electrical enclosure

wrote:

On 10/02/2021 18:12, Chris J Dixon wrote:
wrote:

On 10/02/2021 14:59, Chris J Dixon wrote:
wrote:

On 10/02/2021 13:34, Chris J Dixon wrote:

The plastic catches for the existing enclosure have now sheared
off, after about 15 years' service. That particular design does
not seem to be around any more.

Any other suggestions?

If the current box is still sound it's not difficult to find over-centre
catches to DIY a repair.

That may well be worth investigation. Any particular
recommendations?

errr, try searching for overcentre catch

They are simple devices, just choose one that will fit whatever space
you've got. Personally, on a box with mains inside, I would want to be
able to padlock the box shut so would choose one with appropriate lugs.

I have no need to lock the box. In any case, the box already has
provision for this. Everything inside is touch-safe, and would be
perfectly fine indoors. I just need to keep it dry.

However, you have now made me wonder if it is wise to bolt
unearthed metal catches to a plastic box?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1