Old 19-02-2021, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
rust buckett rust buckett is offline

Default cold now, thinking ahead for spring plantings

songbird wrote:
songbird wrote:

obviously meant "fried", my eyes are tired these days and i'm
not catching the typoes as well as i used to.

Being from Texas I've eaten a lot okra in my life. I do love fried okra,
but I think my favorite might actually be pickled. It's hard to say. I
also really like it right off the plant. It's great cooked whole and
salted in a little oil in a skillet. About the only way I don't really
like it is boiled. It gets so slimey. I know you rinse it, but that's
too much effort.