Old 19-02-2021, 07:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Weatherproof electrical enclosure

On 19/02/2021 15:25, wrote:
On 19/02/2021 12:42, Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/02/2021 10:17,
wrote:
On 19/02/2021 09:39, Chris J Dixon wrote:
wrote:

If the current box is still sound it's not difficult to find
over-centre
catches to DIY a repair.

That's a good idea, but I am now wondering if it is wise to bolt
unearthed metal catches to a plastic box containing electrical
equipment?

Everything is touch safe, and would be fine to be exposed, if
indoors.

Chris

That will depend on clearance distances inside the box. If you're
concerned you could create a cover over the fixings inside the box

Just bolt them on with plastic screws. That is what I have done when
mounting a central heating relay box by bolting it through a support
that can be accessed from the back.

I've used plastic screws for static things, but I didn't suggest that in
this case because I didn't know whether they would cope with the loading
from an over-centre catch.

It's only holding a lid shut, it is not a heavily loaded item like a
case, so it only needs small, lightly loaded catches.