Old 24-02-2021, 12:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default cold now, thinking ahead for spring plantings

On 2/22/2021 1:15 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

I should check in here more often ... we've just came out of a
sub-zero spell mixed with a foot of snow . Both unusual for this area .
I spent a couple of hours yesterday sorting through my seeds and
planting 66 cells of assorted veggies for planting in late April . The
rest of the stuff I have planned will also come from my stock of saved
seeds . I've heard that seeds are one of those things that are in high
demand and getting hard to find . If I buy anything it will be onion
sets and maybe some seed potatoes .

As I only plant a few things other than about a dozen or so tomatoes I
have been ordering my seeds from this place for the last few years.
Usually around December.

Most of the things I plant are some hybrids that I can not save the
seeds from and know what will actually come up if anything.

https://tomatogrowers.com/

I started ordering the seeds because I could not find some of them or
plants locally whenI wanted them. I now have 6 tomato plants up a few
inches that were planted near the first of Feb. I will put some more
seeds in cups in about another week. They should go in the ground about
the 3rd week in April as I am in the middle of NC.

I prefer to grow heirloom varieties , just because they almost always
breed true . I'm also looking at the 3rd week of April or so , weather
permitting .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.