Old 24-02-2021, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default cold now, thinking ahead for spring plantings

On 2/22/2021 5:54 PM, songbird wrote:
Snag wrote:
On 2/17/2021 5:04 PM, wrote:
songbird wrote:

okra. it seems that the most popular way for people to eat
it is friend, is that true with you too?
yep.

I should check in here more often ... we've just came out of a
sub-zero spell mixed with a foot of snow . Both unusual for this area .
I spent a couple of hours yesterday sorting through my seeds and
planting 66 cells of assorted veggies for planting in late April . The
rest of the stuff I have planned will also come from my stock of saved
seeds . I've heard that seeds are one of those things that are in high
demand and getting hard to find . If I buy anything it will be onion
sets and maybe some seed potatoes .

check around for seed libraries and seed saving organisations
or people in your area. our local library has one going now, but
i'm not sure how many people are using it. i need to check it
next time i go into town to see if anything i've donated is out
and needs to be restocked.

or start your own seed swap. the large one that i've
attended and given away a lot of bean seeds and other things
has been cancelled this year so that's sad, but hopefully it
will be back next year.

songbird

We usually have a seed swap meet here in February , but last year we
didn't , probably not this year either . That's OK though , I have seed
for all the stuff we usually plant . I did plant some stuff this year
that I usually don't , like 6 cells of Osage Orange . It's a very useful
plant around a survivalist homestead ... not that we're exactly
survivalists , but I gathered the seeds a couple of years ago just to
see if I could get it to grow .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.