Old 24-02-2021, 06:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Another one bites the dust .

Or "Let there be light !" Having determined that too much shade has
been part of my poor garden performance , I have embarked on a project
to change that . Today 3 small white oaks and one largish maple tree
fell to my chainsaw . The trees on our land are so close together that
they grow tall but not too big around , and often grow leaned to get
light . That was the case with the maple , and had it gone the wrong way
I'd be building a new shop . I think the ones I took out today are going
to be enough to get morning sun , but there are a couple more oaks on
the west side that I think will need to come out too - I started there
before the weather went crazy . I won't be able to get over there until
it dries out some , I've got bare clay from a septic drainage project
done last summer . And the trees won't be wasted , they're going on my
firewood pile .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.