Old 27-02-2021, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Celandines!

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

Had to smile, they are the bane of our lives here, my wife declares war
and weeds them out after wet weather at this time of year as the tubers
stay attached however I am then required to get rid of them by burning!
I prefer to use a small hand sprayer and glysophate. But those that
escape the onslaught do look nice.

I think the main problem is that when I see them in the local woodlands
they are cute little plants, here they are massive easily making a foot
in height and they do tend to outcompete all other small plants

Here, they rarely get above 6" and are usually less, but Cambridge has
a different climate. They are easy enough to reduce by hand digging,
but almost impossible to eliminate.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.