Old 28-02-2021, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Celandines!

On 28/02/2021 10:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 10:18:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:38:35 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:
Nettle and ground elder are both massively more invasive as is Lily of the Valley.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Invasive? In my garden? I wish! I love it, but it struggles to stay
alive with me, on heavy loam.

That's not come out right! I was referring to LotV, not nettles or GE!

I'm sure you can have them if you want. :-)

Lily of the Valley is a strange plant that either loves you or hates
you. If the latter, there's nothing you can do to get them established.
If the former, you'll have lots of plants to give to friends! I grow
'Vic Pawlowski's Gold' in a 80 x 80 x30cm container, and it slowly
spreads. Every 2 - 3 years I can dig out a dozen or so plants to pot up
and pass on.

--

Jeff