Old 01-03-2021, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Celandines!

On 28/02/2021 21:35, Another John wrote:
And we'll be looking with extra vigilance for
the creepers (nettles etc that you mention), which did indeed get away
from us last year, due to insufficient vigilance in these days of Spring.

Nettles die on mowing, so one method of control is to take scissors or
shears and simply keep cutting them down to ground level.

It is less injurious than pulling the root system up, though that works
as well.

I wish I could get lily of the valley to be a weed. It dies on me

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14