Old 01-03-2021, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Celandines!

On 28/02/2021 10:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 10:18:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:38:35 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:
Nettle and ground elder are both massively more invasive as is Lily of the Valley.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Invasive? In my garden? I wish! I love it, but it struggles to stay
alive with me, on heavy loam.

That's not come out right! I was referring to LotV, not nettles or GE!

I confess to being confused. But the only reason I can think of that you
are not having it survive is that the ground dries out completely in
midsummer. I have a variegated form that is less of a brute and it still
grows pretty well in partial shade damp conditions but isn't invasive.

It is one of those plants that either likes your conditions and thrives
or doesn't.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown