Old 06-03-2021, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default No till organic

I first thought that the glue and ink and residual chemicals of
the paper-making paper-recycling process would render corrugated
cardboard " not suitably organic " but a google search seems
to prove me wrong ... ? Happy mulching !

avoid any of the colored and shiny cardboards as they may
have plastic coating on them. just use the plainest cardboards
you can find with black ink. remove any tape or labels that
might also be plastic coated. otherwise worms love it and
chew it up eventually. also it is easy to redo if the card-
board gets chewed up, just scrape the mulch back and put it
down and then move the mulch back on. works great. i've
done that for smothering some tough areas of weeds and
grasses.

songbird