Old 13-03-2021, 10:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Weatherproof electrical enclosure

Steve Walker wrote:

On 19/02/2021 15:25, wrote:
On 19/02/2021 12:42, Steve Walker wrote:

Just bolt them on with plastic screws. That is what I have done when
mounting a central heating relay box by bolting it through a support
that can be accessed from the back.

I've used plastic screws for static things, but I didn't suggest that in
this case because I didn't know whether they would cope with the loading
from an over-centre catch.

It's only holding a lid shut, it is not a heavily loaded item like a
case, so it only needs small, lightly loaded catches.

The job is now done, thanks to all for their contributions.
Selecting the right components took much longer than actually
doing the job.

I used these catches
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233457076441

with some M5 nylon fittings.

The catches were just right for the size and shape of the box I
had to work with, and had sufficient adjustment to get the
compression correct. I may slip a nyloc nut on to prevent further
movement.

An oversight was that the handle side needed countersunk heads to
avoid a foul. I used woodscrews into offcuts inside the box,
which effectively prevented them from being accidentally exposed
to any electrical contact.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK