Old 25-04-2021, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Davy Bill Davy is offline

Default Mystery bites at the Allotment

On 24/04/2021 21:04, David Hill wrote:
On 24/04/2021 20:09, alan_m wrote:
On 22/04/2021 17:04, Chris Hogg wrote:

As for what to do about them, an anti-histamine cream will help
suppress the irritation and localised swelling/redness. To discourage
whatever they are in the future, I have found that Deet spray is very
effective, available as a spray-on or cream.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jungle-Form.../dp/B07N8KCTD1

https://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.co...sect-repellent

I've found that even something as simple as Germolene ointment helps
relives the itchiness.

Have you tried toothpaste?

FWIW, if you have a serious reaction to some of the bigger things, like
horseflies, an antihistamine tablet will (so it seems to me from
experience) reduce the reaction, limit the skin damage and the big lump.
There was always a blister pack of tablets at the bottom of my rucksack.