Old 29-04-2021, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default ping songbird: how may pepper seeds?

On 4/29/2021 3:54 PM, T wrote:
On 4/24/21 4:47 AM, songbird wrote:
one problem i can have with some planted things in pots here
are raccoons seeking food or smelling fertilizers and thinking
they're food.Â* some potting mixes have long-release fertilizers
included and often that is made with fish emulsions or other
stuff that smells too much like food to a raccoon.

Every so often I see something about sticking some
fish (Asian carp?) at the bottom of your hole and
"see what happens".Â* I can't help but think "Oh, I see something dug up
all my plants with fish under it!"

:'(

The fertilizer I use, if chicken scat based.

Be careful T , fresh chicken shit can be very hard on your plants . I
let the hay/shit from out hen house compost for at least 6 months before
using it on the garden - I don't know the history of the stuff you're
using so ... Rabbit shit , however , can be used right away , and has
better long-term nourishment for your plants .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...