Old 30-04-2021, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default mixing old coffee grounds in garden soil?

On 4/29/2021 10:18 AM, songbird wrote:
bilsch01 wrote:
Some people say mixing old coffee grounds into garden soil makes it
better for growing plants. Is this actually a good organic enhancement
for the garden soil?

it depends upon what you're starting with, small amounts
are likely to be ok, but major amounts i'd run through a
compost pile first and make sure there are other things
too in the pile to make sure there is diversity.

songbird

I was reminded of a guy that told me he heard coffee grounds were good
for plants and put them around his office plant, whatever it was.
Then he started throwing in leftover coffee too. The plant died.

I had a neighbor saving his for the garden. As you say, spreading
around in small amounts should be OK.