Old 01-05-2021, 06:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer

On 01/05/2021 17:54, williamwright wrote:
On 30/04/2021 14:54, newshound wrote:
Have you actually tried a modern battery chainsaw, then?

Yes. A bag of shite when you're used to a good quality petrol machine.

Bill

well yes.
My shoulders are aching from this afternoons efforts to chop up a 10
metre tall tree that fell over last year.
The thickest part of the trunk - that I have yet to tackle - is about 2'
diameter.

My little chainsaw - petrol - is having trouble with the 8" diameter
sections. I guess its around 1500W equivalent.

I was on for about a continuous hour today 1.5kwh.

The equivalent battery model is twice the price and has little more than
half an hour in the battery

and weighs only a little less.

--
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain