Old 01-05-2021, 07:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer

On 01/05/2021 19:04, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My little chainsaw - petrol - is having trouble with the 8" diameter
sections. I guess its around 1500W equivalent.

A decent bowsaw would have no trouble at all with such diameters,
unless the wood is yew or hawthorn, when anything would. Yes, it
would take some time and effort.

Oh sure. When the last chainsaw died I used the bowsaw on similar, this
is 5-10 times faster. And I am getting too old

Nothing specially tough about hawthorn, This is field maple. Tougher
than hawthorn IME. Last hawthorn I cut up the small Stihl waltzed through.

maple similar to oak and yew but cant find specs for hawthorn on line...
oh..they reckon 2x hard - well I didnt find it so

What I meant was that its taking a long time to cut the tree. Its purely
a function of power, but then a more powerful saw would weigh even more.

I can probably do about 100W bow sawing. Chainsaw does 1500W.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon