Old 20-05-2021, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Sheep Manure

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:14:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/18/2021 10:14 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 6:59:20 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/16/2021 8:08 PM, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
We're having the sheep shorn in a couple of weeks so we started cleaning out the manure that accumulated in the sheep barn over the winter. I put eight five-gallon buckets in the lawn tractor trailer then shovel the manure into the trailer. Most ends up in the buckets but we get about a ninth full bucket from the loose stuff that falls between the buckets. We've gotten two loads out and up to the garden so far, roughly 18 buckets worth or 90 gallons of dry, loose manure.

sounds good to me.

herbivore poo is prime plant food, but prime because either dung
beetles or worms or other creatures work on breaking it down further.

have you ever considered a worm farm?

songbird

Years ago there was an organic farmer that posted here and his big
concern about using horse manure is that it might be contaminated with
strong pesticides used to keep flies down in stables.

We don't use pesticides in the sheep barn.

Paul

Then you are good to go. I found this reference which may be good for you:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/com...eep-manure.htm

Thanks for posting that.

Paul