Old 30-05-2021, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stopping Reeds growing through Grass

On 30/05/2021 11:42, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Also, 'weed and feed' renders the grass cuttings toxic, so they can't
even be composted safely at home and, what's more, has essentially no
effect on some lawn weeds, like lesser bindweed and bluebells.

well i let the grass cuttings mulch into the lawn, so that no big deal
anyway ;-)

Its again a disputed matter as to how long any given herbicide hangs
around.My path clearing ones certainly dont outlast a winter
And my weed and feed needs to be regularly applied too.

And have used weed and feed right up to the edge of my pond.

As far as glyphosate goes, it is only poisonous on foliage, not on root
systems, and its presence or not in hydrosystems while a great red rag
to the nuttier ecoloons, is not actually demonstrated to be a huge problem

Evidence of *A* problem is most evidence of a *serious* problem

--
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.”

Thomas Sowell